Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Review: Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Page Count: 390
Reading Level: Young Adult

Book description from Goodreads:

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding

------------------------------------------------------

My Review:

I'm going to cut to the chase, I loved the first half. I really did, but after I finished the second half it depressed me all day!
Katniss has to decide to be the Mockingjay for the rebels, which mainly means she'll just be recorded and the rebels will make propos for everyone, including the people in the capital to see that they are going to invade... Really they were just using Katniss I felt like, but I understood that she had alot more influence then anyone else to the people.
Coin be Snow. I just got that impression from her as soon as she first appeared. She is very ruthless, but atlest she brings down the capital.
The war is the bloodiest and gruesome. It's way worse then any horror movie I've seen! So be very ready for some gore.
When they were going threw the outer parts of the Capitol I felt like they were going threw candy land or something, silly I know, but these people love color!
I thought alot that happened during the end was very unnecessary, and where it left off at, just wasn't good enough for me. I atlest wanted another 100 pages or so of Katniss and her pick of guy (try not to spoil that for anyone), I wanted a better happy ending. But Atlest it was half way of a happy ending.


One of my faveriate secens:

Haymitch leans forward and dangles something on a thin white wire in front of my nose. It's hard to focus on, but I'm pretty sure what it is. He drops it to the sheets. "That is your earpiece. I will give you exactly one more chance to wear it. If you remove it from your ear again, I'll have you fitted with this." He holds up some sort of metal headgear that I instantly name the head shackle. "It's an alternative audio unit that locks around your skull and under your chin until its opened with a key. And I'll have the one key. If for some reason you're clever enough to disable it"- Haymitch dumps the head shackle on the bed and whips out a tiny silver clip- "I'll authorize them to surgically implant this transmitter into your ear so that I may speak to you twenty-four hours a day."
Haymitch in my head full-time. Horrifying. "I'll keep the ear piece in" I mutter.
"Excuse me?" he says.
"I'll keep the earpiece in!" I say, loud enough to wake half the hospital.
"You sure? Because I'm equally happy with any of the three options," he tells me.
"I'm sure," I say.

My rating: 4 out of 5

-----------------------------------
I don't recall of any curse words, (I should start writting this stuff down!) But if there was any at all, it wasn't many at all.
it is very very gorey like I stated above.
This book has less kissing then the other two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment